Ball & String? Oh Ball Foot Massager Review [Ohh Feels Good]
I know you’ve been there. Your feet are tired and sore, nothing seems to be working, you just really want someone to massage your feet, but either:
- You can’t find someone to massage your feet
- No one in the house wants to touch your feet
- You find someone, but they are terrible foot massagers
If you’re like me, you grab your own foot and give it a go, but that doesn’t work either. After wearing that compression sock all day (which works) you really don’t want to touch your feet anyway. There’s something about rubbing your own feet that just doesn’t get the job done, right?
Well, problem solved, enter The Oh Ball Foot Massager.
The Oh Ball in Action
Here’s why we love the Oh Ball: It was designed by a plantar fasciitis sufferer who was looking for a better way to alleviate the stress and pain in the plantar fascia using the ball-roll technique, but without fumbling around with a tennis ball.
“…But, tennis balls work great!” you say.
…maybe, for most. I’ve used a tennis ball most of my life, but The Oh Ball is an upgrade on a few different levels.
- Since it is made from wood, there are more options around pressure on the plantar fascia as you can press down as hard or as soft as you’d like without squishing it down like a tennis ball.
- Unlike a tennis ball, The Oh Ball has handles! Multi-position handles that give you control over the positioning of the ball, allowing you to pinpoint the pressure.
Those are my two key benefits.
Here is what the makers of The Oh Ball say about the product:
- The single most effective device for relieving pain in the arch and heel, due to such ailments as Plantar Fasciitis & Heel Spurs
- Multi-position custom handles allow you to have pinpoint control over your therapy. Get a handle on your foot pain today.
- This product is remarkably portable! It will fit unnoticed in a purse or backpack, and can be used in a waiting room, on an airplane, on a boat or with a goat
- This product is hand-made in the USA, with American materials
- If you are not completely satisfied, we will gladly refund 100% of your purchase price
The Oh Ball Review
One of the top reasons that we decided to test out the Oh Ball was because of the shinning reviews that it received on amazon, especially those that came directly form doctors, personal trainers, and physical therapists. We have to agree that this is a great product that offers a lot of precision. It is super easy to use, can fit anywhere, looks pretty cool, and can be used as a weapon in a desperate situation. Maybe that last point is our inner Bruce Lee nunchaku fan coming out…
If you want to check out what reviewers on Amazon say about the Oh Ball click here.
Since the Oh Ball was designed specifically for plantar fasciitis it does a great job and helping that out. But, what surprised us is how versatile this thing is. You can roll out almost any part of your body with this thing including your back, quadriceps, pectorals, etc.
Negatives for The Oh Ball
Negatives of The Oh Ball are sparse, but there are some and we’d be remiss if we didn’t call out some of the potential product downsides that we found ourselves and online.
- Could not get the ball to roll right.
- Packaging is hard to get through.
These are not really negative reviews though, you can always send the product back and get a new one if it isn’t working right. As far as the packaging is concerned the manufacturer recommends that you put your fingers between the top in where the ball starts and press back and forward and the top will slowly work its way out. Really this is a straight forward product, a wood ball on a string… Which brings up another one of the common negatives we saw about this product.
Why does a wooden ball on a string cost so much? Lets give it a try to explain this one, first off you can get cheaper knock-offs if you want… but this one has these things going for it.
- American Made
- Handmade Solid Hardwood Maple Ball
- Military grade 550 Para-cord (survival foot care anyone?)
- Premium Packaging
- Comes with a guarantee
I doubt that the cheap knock-offs can tout any of that.
Should You Get The Oh Ball?
So, the answer entirely depends on your personal budget and your level of foot pain.
To us, this is a great piece of equipment for a good price. It is high quality and lets you control exactly where you need it to be. Tennis balls and lacrosse balls are different than the Oh Ball, they squish and this doesn’t so they do different things. We actually really loved the look of this product too.
Hey, thanks for reading our Oh Ball review and for checking out FootPainDepot.com. If you think that we helped you in anyway please use one of our links above to make your purchase. We are part of the Amazon Affiliate program and we earn a small commission from Amazon for purchases made through our links. This helps us keep the site running and allows us to review more products to help yours and our foot pain. Thanks.